Sunday, April 15

{Weekends Like These}

After a stressful week (editing through 4 jobs plus Dustin at work/school/trying to study for the P.E, Elle teething and really long days with the kids-I was quite possibly at my breaking point), I needed a relaxing weekend with Dustin & the kids. We had breakfast at probably our favorite place ever, Bread & Butter and later that day took the kids to A Day Out With Thomas, and then had frozen custard. What could be better right?
Riding the Thomas Train: 
Love the face.
After we rode Thomas The Train, we went to Conrad's favorite frozen custard place, 
Mr. D's and shared a dirt and worm in the car. 
Elle having a sink bath after being covered in purred cauliflower and pears.
Dustin brushing Conrad's teeth. Yes, those are diapers and clothes hanging in my bathroom, 
which doubles as a laundry room. We're resourceful over at the Robbins house.

Holding onto this truth today:
John 15
 1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
   5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
{Have a wonderful Sunday}

11 comments:

  1. what a happy day! my little brother used to be obsessed with Thomas, and that little boy face of wonder and awe is one I know well. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is Thomas the Train? Daniel would flip! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Thomas train in Las Vegas/Henderson?! My 3 year old daughter LOVES Thomas and Friends. That would be a super awesome activity to do when I visit my family in Henderson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas visits here every year in November, we've gone the last two years! A FAVORITE of ours!!

    And can we talk about your house in the first picture, holy moly GORGEOUS! I wanna live in that corner. K, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your sweet, little family <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Conrad is such a litte boy. I love the picture of Dustin brushing Conrad's teeth. AH and the picture of sweet Elle in the sink. I love you so much Chels. You're my big sis. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your yogurt pops turned out yummy:) The chalked out oval over the sink might be my favorite design element in your house. EVER. What a sweet shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like that sweet time with your family was much needed :) Riding Thomas must have been a riot for Conrad! :) And frozen custard...now I'm craving some (may have to ask the hubs to bring some home tomorrow night, there's a place right by his work...dangerous I tell you!) Yay for wonderful, productive, then family-fun filled weekends!

    And those scriptures are beautiful. What truth. Getting pruned is n

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, my phone wouldn't jet me type any more (sorry for this novel of a comment;) But that scripture...getting "pruned" is never fun...but so needed...and how tasteful I am for a loving Heavenly Father that knows just what trials and hardships we need to help us grow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post^^ You have such a great blog!

    vivo make-up♥mfashionfreak
    cutey GIVEAWAY♥mfashionfreak

    I have a giveaway on my blog and I'd love you to join if you haven't already <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. The picture of Elliotte in the sink might just be the cutest thing I've ever seen. Peek a boo!!

    ReplyDelete