Tuesday, October 5

{Vintage} Lace & Pearls never go out of style:

This is the dress I wore on our date this weekend. It belongs to my Mom. I remember her wearing it years ago. I think I was like 8 years old when I vividly remember her walking out the door looking like a million bucks in this dress. It's super comfy and pretty timeless if you ask me. I've been waiting for a reason to wear it, and our date night to Hanks was a perfect opportunity. 
(I pulled my hair back to try and get a good picture of the back. AND that's not a baby bump in the 2ND picture folks, I've just been indulging in one too many Cinnamon rolls... I'm not pregnant YET...)
I put a little jacket on over it to keep it classy. For whatever reason the pearls made me feel like a street worker, hence the jacket to conceal them. Dustin though the dress was pretty, and didn't think I looked like a hooker at all. I felt like one though.
*So that's what I wore.

20 comments:

  1. Wow, Amazing dress! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww what a timeless dress. love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous dress! Your mom has great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well you look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suuuuper cute outfit. Also, there is absolutely no way anyone would think you had a baby bump in that second picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAAA?! I love the pearls in the back! I wouldn't mistake you for a lady of the streets so much as a hot chick with great taste! And Hanks looks amazing! I'd definitely have to check it out if we're ever in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it with the jacket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of it with that classy jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally think it's a gorgeous vintage dress-and it looks amazing on you with your petite figure---I always aspire to "Keep" fitting into this dress when I'm feeling like a fatty---- Happy that you found the perfect outing with your handsome hubby to wear it. You're always SOooo beautiful, Chels. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is that that it was your Moms and you remember her in it! I think it is gorgeous!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Baby bump!?!?! Whatever. You look Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it!! you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I just had no idea that all this time she kept that dress and i Just think it's really sweet that she kept it and now I can look back and remember her wearing it too. It makes me want to keep some of my favorite pieces for my daughter to wear someday too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is gorgeous, the beading on the back is soo perfect!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the beading in the back!! I love shirts & dresses that have cool backs to them, it shows skin, but still stays classy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dress is fabulous front AND back!!!

    http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it, but I think you covered up the best part! That pearl beading is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so stunning. I want your wardrobe!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really wanted to show off the back by putting my hair in a low, messy side bun but we ran out of time...

    Thanks for the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my gosh that dress is amazing!!! and the jacket is such a fun addition.

    We had a dress up box growing up filled with our grandmother's and mother's clothes and some of the pieces have come back in style:D

    ReplyDelete