Wednesday, January 7

28 weeks Pregnant!


Conrad is the size of Chinese cabbage this week! He's about 15 inches from head to heels and weighs about 2 1/4 pounds. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb.

My best friend Mr. Internet says I have only 84 days to go! And boy am I holding onto these last days of pregnancy (Is it bad to say I'm holding onto the last precious days that I have alone with my husband?? Suddenly I feel a cloud of guilt hanging over my head as I type...)

My sleep patterns are so off too. I either go to bed super early or super late and once I'm asleep, I wake up, and I'm wide awake. Last night at 3am, I woke up from a dead sleep and decided I needed a hot bath, so at 3am I was in the bath, eyes wide open, enjoying my oily honey body scrub and bubbles. I got back into bed and decided it was cuddle time and Dustin decided it was sleeping time, so he made little grunts as i kissed his back and threw my leg over his legs to get comfortable as we snuggled (It's really hard to snuggle someone whose not into it because they're sleeping, but i tried and then finally gave up, & rolled over to my side of the bed). The alarm went off at 5:45 and I protested getting out of bed, saying that my feet were hurting and I desperately needed my feet rubbed, and I wasn't going into work today, to which Dustin's said, "Get up!!!", after rubbing my feet for me because he's such a great guy and all (I hope he re-reads this and sees my sucking up....he read this post yesterday and said that i made him sound mean and he's not mean at all because he was nice enough to rub my feet! Thanks Baby-daddy)....I'm pretty much a zombie today!

28 Weeks feels good! He's moving a whole lot these days with lots of strong, almost violent movements that sometimes have me concerned! I swear he's trying to punch his way out! It's not time yet buddy! We still have 11 weeks to go! I feel like he's sunken down to the bottom of my stomach trying to find the light.

(I wanted to say a special thanks to my friends who have been praying for me through my whole pregnancy. I love you guys very much! Can't wait to share Lil' Conni-bear with you.)

2 comments:

  1. i think i might be surprised when conrad is born, because he will look like a human baby and not like a radish or a cantaloupe or a pumpkin, which is the image i have of him in my head. haha. i prayed today that he would have freckles when hes born and then realized that you get freckles from the sun. oh man. cant wait to met little Con-taloupe! little Con-radish! kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about little Con-suello??

    ReplyDelete