Tuesday, July 5

This Week...


-This week, while sipping raspberry leaf tea, sitting on my birthing ball in front of my computer, watching THIS video, my husband walked into our room, shook his head at me and said, "In a few more weeks, I can finally have my wife back!" Then he started watching the video along with me, eyes glued to the screen and just as the baby was delivered, I see him wipe away a tear as he walked out of the room disgruntled at the effect these videos are having on him, & shouted, "Damn these birth videos! Damn them!" I Love him.  I love that he has the same heart as I do about this topic and doesn't think I'm totally crazy. 
-This week, I felt like a kid again as I watched my 2 year old son marvel at the magic and beauty of seeing fire works for the very first time. It was well worth letting him stay up past his bed time. He kept saying, "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! POP!" It was all too adorable.
-This week my husband made chocolate chip cookies, twice. The second batch was baked at 10:00 at night right after the first batch was consumed.
-This week, I shot these photos of my friend April who is just a week behind me in her pregnancy. She is hoping to have a water birth, unmediated in a hospital! Go April! I'm so excited for her birth! 
-This week, I finally feel like we could have this baby today and I would totally be ready! (sort of). I dug out all of Conrad's "gender neutral" new born clothes and washed them, the baby's room is painted, crib is still being sanded and everything is starting to feel really "real". I didn't wash any of my girl clothes though. I don't want to get my hopes up or anything. I kind of feel like I'm SUCH a boy Mom too. Like, even though we're trying to be as gender neutral about the nursery as possible, It still looks way more boy-ish than anything AND (just in case it's a girl.....) I purchased a cute peacock blue head band from Etsy for when she is first born. Not pink, but blue. Go figure.
-This week, I loved reading this article quoting a Vegas midwife who helped deliver my friends baby during her home birth which I had the privilege to photograph! Go natural birth community! Go Sherri! 
-This week, I found an adorable necklace and I just have to show you!

Hope you're all having a wonderful, short work week! 

8 comments:

  1. My son too loved the fire works, he kept shouting: Blue! Yellow! Orange! Rocketships!!!
    It was too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out with that raspberry tea.. that's what I was drinking when my water broke. And they say it induces labor.. just sayin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet pictures :) and i love that little bird necklace...so sweet! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was skeptical about the raspberry leaf tea but I've actually come to sort of like it.

    For anyone interested in the benefits of raspberry tea:

    -It increases fertility in both men and women (drink for a few months while trying to conceive).

    -Prevents miscarriage and postpartum hemorrhage by helping to tone the uterus thus creating a relaxed (atonic) uterus.

    -Eases morning sickness

    -Reduces pain during labor and after birth: By toning the muscles used during labor and delivery RRL eliminates many of the reasons for a painful delivery and prolonged recovery. It does not, however, counter the pain of pelvic dilation.

    -Assists in the production of plentiful breast milk

    -Can help make labor faster: RRL works to encourage the uterus to let go and function without tension. It doesn’t strengthen contractions but it does allow the uterus to work more efficiently

    -Studies show that women taking RRL have a reduced incidence of artificial rupture of membranes, forceps delivery or cesarean

    Just thought I'd share why I'm drinking it.

    ;)http://journeytocrunchville.wordpress.com/2008/07/28/red-raspberry-leaf-tea-what-every-pregnant-woman-needs/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drank raspberry leaf tea the last few weeks of my pregnancy and came to like it too! Although I ended up having a c-section, so I can't comment on whether or not it helps with pain. I did have a super easy/fast recovery though and was able to breastfeed very easily. So hopefully it helps you out with all of that stuff :)

    P.S. You're the cutest mama ever! Love the heart made out of sparklers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures!! Your 4th looks magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVED the photos :) Looks like you guys had a great 4th!

    and the rest of your week sounds awesome too...reading about your sweetheart watching the video and getting teary eyed made my heart melt :) Our tough guys really do have the biggest hearts :) And how exciting that you're feeling more & more ready to have your little one!! our next go around will be a surprise too, so I'll have to organize Brooks' gender neutral clothing too :) even though i'm so excited to just go to the hospital with a ton of white onesies (a couple tiny ribbon bows)...I don't know what's better than an infant in white :)

    PS - the 5th picture (black & white) of you & conrad is SO SWEET :) crop and frame that thing girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am in love with that picture of you hugging your sweet baby. love it!

    ReplyDelete