Monday, November 16

A month of thanksgiving


Lately, as I hold your tired, limp, slumbering body
in my arms at night,
sniffing your clean, fuzzy bird hairs,
and closing my eyes,
taking you in completely,
I find myself reciting the
same phrase over and over

"Thank You Jesus for this baby!"

You are a gift that I am forever
thankful to raise and love.
you are a precious gift.
I am truly blessed beyond measure
and can not wait to spend my days
building sand castles with you
and watching you grow up.

I am thankful for the husband who fights
for me when I am not much to fight for.
I'm thankful for a God who holds
us tighter, loves us regardless,
thinks we're incredible,
shows us mercy,
and draws near to us when we cry out for Him!

What are you thankful for today?

4 comments:

  1. What am I thankful for? I am so thankful for my wonderful daughters and my son, my grandchildren and my great grandchildren.I'm thankful for my son in laws, daughter in law and grand sons in laws. They make my children happy and I love them so much. Life has been very gracious and good to me and as this holiday season comes upon us, I thank God for giving me time with my loved ones. I love you Chel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely-lovely-lovely post.

    And I love the chandelier in the photo, I'm actually drooling over it as I type.

    I'm Sarah, by the way. I found you through Emery Jo's blog and just started following you. You can find me at www.joyfullygray.com ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah!

    Thanks very much!

    I got the chandelier at an antique shop a few years back. It was marked down to 40 bucks from 200. The only thing bad about it is that everytime we move, my father in law has to come over and he and my husband have to rehang it (which has been like 4 times now!)

    Now I'm going to go check out your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have had your father-in-law move that chandelier - I would have too. You cannot let that thing go.

    I'm obsessed with light fixtures. They are jewelry for a room. Can make it or break it.

    ReplyDelete