Sunday, March 29

Mercy

"He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful....no branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me (Jesus).... apart from me, YOU CAN DO NOTHING. 

My father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. "  

In my much needed time with God today, I read John ch. 15 & 16 and felt refreshed. I have found myself praying throughout the day as I learn how to be a Mom, and my relationship with the Lord is changing into something different than i have experienced before my baby. I feel more desperate than I ever have for His help and guidance. I feel very desperate.....yeah, desperation is the word....I feel like I NEED God in a totally different way than I had before. And I also see Him moving in my heart and answering prayers quickly multiple times daily, even as I was laboring, I had so many people around me praying for us. I had friends come to the hospital to encourage me and love on me (Allie, Morgan, Aaron, Sofia, My parents who were there waiting to take his first photos with tears in their eyes! I felt so loved. Even friends who have come to my house to bring us food. Conrad had his first play dates with Lorelai and Oliver, and today with Avery.....) 

I'm a little off topic now....back to what i was saying. 

A dear friend of mine who has twins (mattandvicky.wordpress.com) encouraged me with this quote before I had Conrad...

"The human heart does not replenish itself with sleep, the body does, but not the heart. We replenish our hearts not with sleep but with the word of God and prayer." John Piper 

Thanks to everyone for your love and support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment