Tuesday, February 3

32 weeks

Tomorrow marks my 32ND week of pregnancy! Woo Hoo!Babycenter says: "By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (about the size of a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth."
Reading about how our baby has fingernails and peach fuzz makes me smile. I woke up this morning praying that God would give me supernatural energy. Yesterday my back was killing me ALL day and I Couldn't hardly keep my eyes open! I don't have the kind of energy I had in my 2nd trimester!

People have asked me if I'm at that point yet where I just want this kid out of me, and a few weeks ago I was like "NO, I want to savor the last few weeks of my life without child, just me and my husband! I'm not ready for the baby yet!" Now, when a stranger in the Target line asks me if I'm totally just ready to be done, I say "Hell yes! I want him out NOW!", before they can even finish their sentence. I'm so over being pregnant! I honestly don't see how some woman can do this more than a few times! Or maybe I'm just not good at being pregnant!?

I've been dropping tiny hints to my husband of things I would like to have as my "Push Present" for when I deliver. A "Push Present" is a new trend where your husband presents you with a special gift of some sort as a reward for delivering his child. Pretty clever idea right?? It doesn't have to be expensive, just meaningful. Maybe a lovely card, or a special plant that we could keep as a reminder of this time in our lives. (But plants die, so ax that idea) Or a pair of yellow platforms that I could look super sexy in...(hint hint).Can't wait to be able to wear things like this again!!!

(I really think we should start a new "Daddy push present" trend for all of the crap men have to put up with from their pregnant wives! Dustin has been my emotional punching bag, masseuse, shoe tier, maid, chef, encourager, motivational speaker, and personal trainer getting me out of the house to go on walks. Pregnancy would have been impossible without him cheering me along to not give up and to depend on God to get me through the tough days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment